.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

1.23.2006

Maybe 2006 won't be so bad after all...

I forgot to mention something else I won ... the poppolitics caption contest . Okay, sure it was *technically* in 2005, but it counts. And sure, I just won a t-shirt, but still...

But here's the other thing -- Jane recently posted about doing a google book search on yourself. In doing so, she found she had been acknowledged (and maybe cited too? I can't recall). Anyway, I searched myself and found that I had been cited in a new book on shrinkdom. It is so cool. One thing that really excites me is that my work formed one of her main arguments. I haven't read it closely enough to see if she agrees with me -- but honestly, it doesn't matter! I just like seeing that my work has an influence and is discussed.

2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger jane said...

go you! :)

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger sheepish said...

Congrats, WittyShrinky!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home