.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

7.25.2006

I hate the pussycat dolls

Yes, the title has nothing to do with the post. I was musing this morning about what a talent Styleygeek has for creating charming and clever blog post titles - which made me then all anxious and unable to come up with anything clever myself.

Last night I had a horrible nightmare. I was in my early teens and somehow was coerced to join a horrific cult (and we were responsible for going and recruiting other people). The only part I remember clearly was a part where the leader - in front of everyone - raped a baby and then me.

I can't help but think this must be reflective of my feelings about grad school right now.

2 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

You poor thing! What a horrible dream.

I have noticed lately that my ability to get up when my alarm goes off is directly related to whether I've been having horrible dreams or not. If they've been bad, I can't face the world and have to go back to sleep in the hope of getting luckier the second time around. How to stop the bad dreams?

And I'm sorry I made you anxious. I never thought of my blog post titles as being anything special before, so thank you for the compliment.

I hate the pussycat dolls too.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

I can tell you what not to do, though. Don't ever use a line from a poem as a title.

Every few weeks I get hit with a surge of google referrals from people searching for "Nuns fret not essay download analysis" and I know yet another school has assigned that poem as an essay topic.

And even at that distance removed, plagiarism makes me tense.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home