.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

9.26.2006

Attack of a very weird (or tiny) mafia

I left out the front door this morning. Usually I exit out the back because it saves me a whole half of a block (wahoo!). But today, I had to leave a note for my beautiful nrrrrdboy. I accidentally got his netflix film, and because it was in my mailbox, I opened it. Thank goodness it was a kung fu (?) flick and not something weird(er). (boys and their kung fu, I'll never get it).

I'm hoping that my quirky handwriting and choice of paper (little sushi /sashimi critter stationery) will woo him. But that's another story.

I left out the front door and on our top step on the porch was a mouse face. Yes, a mouse face. Not a mouse head - just the face. I think it may even have been half a face. It may also have been a rat. I honestly didn't look too awfully closely.

It made me think of the horse head in The Godfather - and made me scared that there is some weird or tiny mafia (of cats?) trying to send us a message.

7 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Ianqui said...

Maybe your mouse was a victim of the same mafia as Sheepish's. (sorry, the link is gone, but he found a mouse claw on his bedroom floor)

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Peri said...

I think I'm especially glad you didn't post a photo of this 'gift.' ;)

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Trope said...

Hee hee! At least you'll be well armed with brooms if they do attack.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Arbitrista (formerly Publius) said...

Gross!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger dr four eyes said...

Ew.

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous sb said...

Maybe it goes with the piece Sheepish found. ;)

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger sheepish said...

This thing (blogger was pissing me off yesterday). Yeah, I bet it's all part of the Teleporting Dead Zombie Mouse Mafia (TDZMM). Don't get on their bad side, shrinky. I know how it is with you and the mafia.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home