.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

9.09.2006

Please settle an argument

I say I have great taste in music. The kitten (aka stinkerbelle) would have you believe otherwise.

Today we have specifically argued about the following songs:

(Sung to the tune: Minnie's bloomers - which I know y'all sang around campfires as kids)

"Kitten's bloomers, kitten's bloomers all day long.
nya nya nya
Kitten's bloomer, kitten's bloomers all day long.
nya nya nya
She wears them in the morning, she wears them at noon
she only takes them off my the light of the moon
kitten's bloomers ..."

I say, sure, it's not the most brilliant play on the origina, lyrics - but it is good music! Fun music! Kitten says, "Mrrrrrah!"

Here's another:

(Sung to "Ride on King Jesus" as arranged by Moses Hogan)

Ride on kitten stinky! Ride on the conquering kitten!
Oh-oh ride on kitten stinky, ride on the conquering kitten!
She's the kitten, of kittens! Stinky is the kitten, of kittens!
No kitten can hinder thee.
Oh-oh Ride on kitten stinky! Ride on the conquering kitten!....

Again, perhaps not the most original bastardization of lyrics - but it's good music, and it's all about the kitten - how could it be wrong?

Kitten? she says, "mrrah!" and then she bit me.

What song does she like?

"Stinky is a kitten head. Doo dah. Doo dah.
Stinky is a kitten head, all the dooh dah day.
All the doo dah dooooooooooo
All the doo dah day.
Stinky is a kitten head, all the doo dah doo."

C'mon - aren't mine way better? Don't I have better taste in music?



(Why, yes, my dissertation is making me go nutso - why do you ask?)
(anyone want to proofread it for me tomorrow? :) )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home