.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

9.14.2006

"Poor George. He can't help it...

He was born with a silver foot in his mouth."

Ann Richards was a great woman, and will be missed.

In other sad news, the footage of the school shooting in Montreal was chilling. Those poor kids. It totally made me flashback to the school shooting in the town where I used to live. I remember that day so vividly - the entire town was immobilized with fear because we had no idea what was happening. Just terrifying - even from a slight distance.

6 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger sheepish said...

Ann Richards died? Oh no. She was truly awesome.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Peri said...

Yeah, I loved her wit. Molly Ivins told a great story about her this morning on NPR. Ya'll should hear it. She was never afraid to look bigotry in the face and call it what it is. You gotta admire that.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Peri said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Shrinky, where are you? It's been a week since your last post. I miss you.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Limon de Campo said...

I hope everything is OK; I'm worried about you.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger sheepish said...

Hi? Hi!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home