.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

11.26.2006

Random, bulletless things

If you watch The Office (American version), you may particularly like this. If you don't, watch it anyway, it is truly painfully cute. The only sad thing is that there is no pig puppet.

I had to go downtown yesterday to get paper for my printer. The part of downtown I went to used to be pretty much only populated by residents. There were some stores, but not many, and not much else to attract tourists. Thus it was a good place to go for us residents who wanted to avoid tourists but needed or wanted to get some shopping done. But recently, more and more stores are going in and there is now a major attraction there. So now the damned place is so fricking populated by tourists, it's insane. I went there yesterday and could barely walk down the sidewalk, it was so crowded. This isn't even the major shopping area in the city! I shudder to imagine what it is like over there. Although I may have to go over there today because I have to get a book at a library over there. Ugh.

Kinesthesis breakthrough wrote that he is going to have to "dig deep" to find his compassionate teaching self in order to be able to cope with the last few weeks of the semester. This intrigues me - how does one do that? What does it mean to "dig deep" and how do you find that self?

As a sign of how pathetic my life is lately (despite having some "real" friends), I checked email this morning to find that there were three birthday messages. One was from Borders, one was from Sephora, and another was from some other lame place.

One of the problems with "real" friends is that they can infect you with real viruses. As a result, I was sick as a dog on Thanksgiving. Luckily mashed potatoes are still yummy when you are sick.

It is getting harder and harder to find maple macchiatos, which makes me very sad. Maybe I should write to Starbucks - or maybe just move to Canada.

In a few weeks, I will be traveling. Would anyone like a postcard? If so, email me and send me your address!

2 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Ooh, I missed your birthday! Happy birthday!

I want a postcard!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home