.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

11.08.2006

Sappy, I know...

But when I hear Democrats talk about their goals for their terms, I get a little teary-eyed. Education, tuition breaks, universal healthcare, raising the minimum wage, etc. It makes me proud, and so happy we did a good job of electing Democrats yesterday (although there are a couple races in which we lost that make me really pretty sad).

But it's just so nice to hear people talk about education and healthcare - such a nice change from war-mongering and denying choice. And I am so enjoying the discomfort Bush must be feeling in anticipating his call to the first woman speaker EVER, Pelosi.

I am proud to be a Democrat today, and today I feel like my party represents my interests, and the interests I frankly think are good ones for our country. I am cautiously optimistic.

But, Democrats? Please don't screw up in the next two years, okay? I'd really like a Democratic president too.

3 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous ppb said...

It's funny how many people are worried about that....

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Marie said...

I got all teary-eyed this morning too. (Then again, I sometimes cry during Kleenex commercials.) My faith in this country is somewhat restored...

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Sumchicki Saya Bigui-Wot said...

You're assuming we're still going to be here in two years?!! You are an optimist, Shrinky!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home