.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

12.08.2006

On the plus side...

Yesterday's outfit was super fun. I wore the dress/tunic below (from forever 21) over a charcoal turtleneck, some slim fit jeans which were tucked into camel colored knee boots.



The boots are kind of like these, but with a chunkier heel and a rounder toe



I also got a paper back for the class I have been taking. I was very worried about what the prof would say about it, as she has been pretty critical of the pieces of it I turned in previously. And in light of recent difficult events, I was really questioning my confidence that I could pull it all together into a good paper (I thought I could, but I have been getting so much negative feedback lately that I keep thinking I must be delusional in thinking I can do much of anything). But, she gave me an A, said it was an excellent paper, had some minor comments, and told me to publish it. Yahoo!

3 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Yay! I'm glad you got some well-deserved positive feedback for a change :)

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Dr. Lisa said...

EXCELLENT!!!

(and cuuute outfit to boot. )

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that made you feel a bit more positive about your abilities. And I hope you do publish.

That will show the negative people :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home