.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

12.20.2006

PC help...

My mom has a pc, but given that I am a devout mac user, I don't know how to figure some pc stuff out. She wants me to help her set up a wireless network at her house over xmas - but I don't know how to help her figure out what kind of wireless card she has. Does anyone know how to figure that out on a pc? I'd like to hook her up via airport since it works with pcs (with certain kinds of wireless cards) and is easy to use.

3 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger sheepish said...

Start menu -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Network adapters

Oh, wait, the easier way is:
Start menu -> Control Panel -> Network connections -> should see Wireless there, look for properties or some such

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

I don't know if this would help, but Lifehacker has a post with setup instructions

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger shrinkykitten said...

Thank you both so much!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home