.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

12.08.2006

Since Lucyrain is pretending...

let's also pretend that I didn't just get kicked out of my doctoral program today.

And let's pretend I am not absolutely devastated.

And let's pretend too that this isn't going to make my mother feel overjoyed (because it will, and unfortunately, I will be spending next week with her).

The funny thing is that now I feel like I can "come out" to all of you about my identity and details about myself.

23 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said it already over at the other place, but I'm so sorry. I wish I could do something for you, but I guess no one can really make things better right now.

*hugs*

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Lina said...

oh, Shrinks, what's happened, hon? xxxxx

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous luckybuzz said...

(((((shrinky))))))

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Shrinky, I wish there was something I could do! Please feel free to email me at seeking_solace@adelphia.net if you want to talk.

Great big hugs to you!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Breena Ronan said...

I'm so sorry! I wish there was something I could do to help you feel better. :)

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger AAYOR said...

God, shrinky. What you must be feeling.... I hope that you find a way to blog this, because it sounds like you could use some support from all of us.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Dr. Lisa said...

skrinky!!! I am so so sorry!!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Arbitrista (formerly Publius) said...

Omigod!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Oh, oh oh, oh my god. I don't know what to say! I'm sorry! That sucks so bad! Come down to my part of the world and I will make you brownies!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

!!!

oh no oh no oh no !!!

I'm so sorry. :(

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger wolfa said...

Oh, Shrinky, I'm so sotty.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger wolfa said...

Sorry, that is.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

*hugs* and *more hugs*

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger sheepish said...

Holy crap! Is there anyway to appeal this??

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger MaggieMay said...

Wow, I'm so so sorry.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger dr four eyes said...

Shrinky!! Oh no!!! That's just--I'm wordless!

(((hugs)))

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous ppb said...

oh man. I am so sorry.

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous brina said...

Oh no :( So sorry, Shrinky.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Ianqui said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry...

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

((((Shrinky)))) I'm thinking of you a lot lately. Actually, I kept my husband awake last night as I was ranting about how unjust this whole situation has been.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

Coming to this late b/c of travels but ... oof. How terrible. I'm so sorry.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger lucyrain said...

Oh, God, shrinks.

I'll pretend with you as long as you need to.

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaay late here, but I'm so, so sorry. If you'd like to talk, even though it's been a while, I'm absolutely here for you. {{{{{{{{{shrinky}}}}}}}}}}}

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home