1. I have three national research awards
2. I have 7 publications, most of which are first authored, two of which are sole authored.
3. I have two more pubs in the works.
4. I have a 4.0 in all of my classes in my doctoral program
5. I got the highest grades in my stats class
6. I did a presentation all by myself at a major conference
7. I completed all coursework
8. I have extensive clinical experience
9. I have done 3 studies on my own.
10. I was on faculty for 2 years at one of the top universities, with one of the top psych programs, and also taught at another top psych program.
I say these facts to remind myself that I did a good job in grad school.
But what do I do now? What do you do when your entire life changes due to one email from one's advisor sent late on a friday? How do you cope? What kind of job can I find? How do I even find a job (seriously, where do you look?)? If all I've wanted to do is be a shrink, how can I do that without a PhD? What do you do if what you have wanted for your entire life is something you have failed at?
I am not contesting this - I will not fight it. I want to ensure I get good letters, and connections.
That said, in the spring they kicked out 3 other female students, and it looks like at least one other female student will be kicked out this semester too. 5 female students in one year. Something's wrong there! I'm surprised that my department seems unconcerned about how this looks.