.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

1.05.2007

another nice thing...

Here is an excerpt of an email I got today from the editor of the journal to which I was invited to submit a paper (she also happens to be my old undergrad advisor):

I read this paper last night and love it. I particularly love the
paragraph near the end where you talk about ... You are such a good writer, Shrinkly.


----

Yay! She calls me "shrinkly" because I have a really difficult last name (pretend "kitten" is my last name, and that it is really hard to spell and pronounce). Whenever i would TA for her, or she would introduce me, she would totally butcher my last name. So, she worked really really hard to learn how to pronounce it, and on the first day of the a new class I ta'ed for her, she got my last name right, but mispronounced my first name (which is super easy to pronounce, but for some reason she put an "L" in it) and called me "shrinkly kitten!"

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

Yay :)

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's nice.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home