.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

1.14.2007

It's a regular deus ex machina

I got an odd set of emails yesterday regarding the editing job. It's not clear if I am hired or not (the people with whom I am working are a) academics; and b) non-ntive english speakers - hence, communications are odd), and if so, how many hours, when, if I can work from home, what the pay is, how I will be paid, etc. Last night one guy emailed me just to say they didn't have anything for me *yet*. I'm not really wanting to push for some info, however, because I don't want to piss them off or anything before something is solidified. So, I am opting to just wait it out.

But money-wise, this makes me anxious.

On a lark, I decided to just check our payroll on-line stuff today to see if I might have any money coming this week for the last month of TAing I did (I wasn't sure if those hours were included on the last check or not). And I am! It's not a full paycheck - but it's enough to get groceries, pay bills, pay for therapy, and keep me okay for a bit longer. Hallelujah!

I also finished my hat today (the one in the pic below - I tore it apart three times, and now it fits, yahoo!). Oh, and B* - I have a super big head (and super thick hair), so I think if my hats are too big or me, they'd swim on you.

Now I have to clean my house as a friennd is coming to pick me up later to go hear a famous author speak.

1 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

I'm glad your cute hat now fits! Yay for money! Have fun on your outing listening to the author.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home