.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

1.24.2007

Too lazy to link...

But maybe this will help others.

One of the trickiest things in looking for a job is trying to discern exactly WHERE to look! It's great that so much is on-line, but that really diffuses the job search. No longer can you just check your local paper, you have to search a slew of sites and have to try to figure out where your ideal employer is likely to post. I have found a few good sites, and then yesterday perused a book on psych job searches, and found a few other good ones. I know seeking solace has also been on the job search, and had asked where to find on-line teaching jobs, and so some of these may help with that as well:

careerbuilder.com
Apparently this has surpassed monster.com in terms of use. I find it annoying to navigate as it doesn't work well with safari, but it has been a really good place to look. I can't seem to get the saved searches thing to work for me, which is also annoying. But again, it has yielded some good listings.

http://www.idealist.org/
if you are looking for a non-profit job, this is a good place to look.

http://www.feminist.org/911/jobs/911jobs.asp
Looking for a feminist job? Look here.

higheredjobs.com
This just helped me find my other dream job!

academic360.com
I find this annoying - but it's a good gateway, I guess. I think it just links you to other sites that have job listings - it doesn't seem to actually have listings. But, I've not really played around with it much. It is helpful if you are wanting to see all the potential job sites in your area - the links seem to go directly to the career/hiring section. So, it's a good resource.

chronicle.com/jobs
chronicle of higher ed job listings.

on-line schools:

capella.edu
phoenix.edu
walden.edu

The book I read noted that if you are looking at on-line schools, make SURE they are accredited and not diploma mills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home