.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

1.03.2007

Who are you calling a bitch, bitch?

Last night I stopped at a sandwich place on the way home to get something for dinner. While there, I witnessed a customer basically terrorize half the staff by being insulting, demeaning, and demanding. She wanted her sandwich NOT toasted (despite the fact that this is a place that is known for its toasted sandwiches) and wanted them to create a special kind of sandwich for her, and then she wanted ALL of the toppings ON THE SIDE. I was very impressed by how all the employees handles her - they were very respectful even while she was being a total bitch to them. She even went off on the cashier. She also cut in front of a lot of customers and was so demanding that she held up the line for quiite some time so that we were all kept waiting for a long long time.

Unfortunately, after she paid, she stood in front of the chip selection as she rummaged though her bag - so I had to wait until she was done to get my chips, and then leave. I was too afraid of her to ask her to move. This then meant we left at about the same time.

The door to the place is one of those rotating ones - what are those called? She got there first, and was going through it at a snail's pace. At that point, I had had enough of her and of waiting for her. So, even though I am usually very careful with these kinds of doors to not push them faster than the person in front of me, I sped her along SLIGHTLY. She stopped, turned to look at the door, then looked at me and called me a bitch.

Nice.

2 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stupid beta. This is the second time I have to post this...

It's official, Shrinky. You are an asshole magnet. You should buy some bug repellent or something.

Seriously, I'm sorry you had to put with that.

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous zelda said...

I love the title of this post. Fantastic.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home