.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

1.10.2007

Would this annoy anyone else?

My mom is currently on a trip to a very exotic location. I am super duper jellus. She is only going because her friends are going. She has no desire to go whatsoever. This makes me more jellus (envious?) as *I* would completely appreciate going!

For christmas, I gave her a couple gifts to get her more interested - and to be supportive of the trip. I gave her the globetrekker DVD of that country. I also made her a set of cards of images from the country. It's an asian country, so I used really cool, handmade, origami paper as a frame for the images, and then cut out images from my lonely planet calendar and pasted them on the origami paper. I was pleased with how they turned out. I also made an envelope to hold them from the calendar.

So, yesterday I got a card from her. It was one of the cards I MADE! I can't figure out why, but it really annoys me that she did that.

2 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jellus --> jealous???

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Anastasia said...

this is in part how i felt about my mom's husband dragging her to africa about which she complained bitterly. Same way she reacted to thailand. i want someone to drag me to africa! and thailand! hey!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home