.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

1.16.2007

Would this be weird?

The place where I had the interview last week has another opening. It's not clear from the ad if it is the same location (they have several in the city). There is also no one listed to contact with questions. Would it be weird if I submitted an app for that job too - when I am potentially under consideration for a job already there?

And the person with whom I interviewed said she forwarded my resume to a colleague who is also hiring. I've not heard from that person - should I contact her directly and maybe send her a personalized cover letter expressing interest? I can get her email, but it wasn't given to me.

I feel weird contacting tons of people over there and don't want to annoy them.

3 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Twirly said...

I would mention to the person you interviewed with about the other position....and I would send the other person a personalized cover letter - that's a perfect idea!

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Grad007 said...

Contacting lots of people there demonstrates your enthusiasm and interest in working with them.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Ianqui said...

I do think it would be weird to just up and apply for the job without letting your other contact know that you're doing it. If I were you, I'd get in touch with the person you interviewed with, tell them you saw an ad for the other opening, and mention that you're potentially interested in both positions. What if it were in the same location and had the same interviewer? If you were the interviewer, don't you think it would be weird to get 2 apps from you? At least ask him/her if it's a different location.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home