.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

2.26.2007

Are you in a betting mood?

Place your bets here:

A certain blogger (who I think will id herself on her own blog, so I'll leave it to her) was in the city over the weekend. On friday she came to my place (which was a high holy mess; how embarassing), and I served her a glass of water in the living room. As of today, monday, the glass of water is still there (as are the city guide books I took out). Anyone want to place bets on how long it will stay there before I finally put it away?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

Years ago when Geekman broke up with me (for about a month), I found a glass of water he had been drinking from the last time he had visited... three weeks later (behind a chair). It was about the most traumatic reminder I could have had and it took me at least three days to recover from finding it.

I bet your glass won't be there for three weeks, but if it is, you are in good company!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Considering that my own glass of water from before I left to visit Shrinkytown is still sitting on my bedside table, and probably will be for some time, you shouldn't be embarrassed :)

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Ookami Snow said...

4 months, and then only because somebody else did it.

But i really have no idea.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I got you beat... I finally took down the Christmas decorations last week.... it was about February 22nd.

The artificial Christmas tree is still up in the livingroom.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home