.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

2.08.2007

I had no idea these existed

A cream puff restaurant?

And apparently there are peanut butter restaurants too - but I have no link for those (must find the peanut butter restaurant! I love peanut butter).

3 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

That looks fantastic! Thanks for alerting me to its existence :) Let me know if you find the peanut buter restaurant, too.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Ianqui said...

Yeah, about 2 years ago they swept New York (Beard Papa). One of my students brought in a dozen the day it opened, since he knew them from when he lived in Japan.

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous No-Beard Mama said...

Beard Papa isn't really a restaurant. It's more like a pastry shop that also sells coffee (just as Starbucks is a coffee shop that also sells pastries).

Yeah, Beard Papa is HUGE in Japan.

I don't eat that kind of stuff so I've never tried a Beard Papa cream puff, but I've seen grown (and overgrown) adults stand in line for over two hours to buy one.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home