.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

2.05.2007

My favorite sentence (or phrase) currently...

"But in the battle to be the most credible alternative to Mrs. Clinton..."

How awesome is that? Even if we don't get to have a woman president, it is so freaking cool to me that all these guys are having to fight to be "credible alternatives" to Senator Clinton (yes, not thrilled she got called "Mrs." instead of "Senator" - but at least Obama is "Mr.").

And in the vein of favorites, cuteoverload has had some great stuff lately (the attack cat, the dog playing dress up). But, this puppy may well be the cutest thing ever.

I know a lot of you are resisting switching to blogger beta. I was forced to switch recently, and am pleased at least the posting interface works with the mac version of firefox (I can now do spell checks!). I've not tried it with safari, however, as firefox is where I keep my blog gmail.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Arbitrista (formerly Publius) said...

Yeah, I don't know if Hillary will get the nomination, or win if she does, but it is nice to see a woman as the front-runner. No matter how you look at it, it's progress.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home