.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

2.28.2007

Note to the people in my tv

I am sick of re-runs during fall and winter. In my day (back when I was a kid and had to record Benson on my audio tape recorder so I could listen to it for a school project - as vcrs weren't invented yet, and because I wasn't allowed to stay up till 8 when it was on), the tv season started in September and ended in June or something. There weren't reruns in the fall and winter - except maybe during thanksgiving and xmas weeks. Why are we having reruns in this last week of February? This is ridiculous.

You are forcing me to watch the 2 hour premiere of the new season of top model. See what you have done to me? That's desperation, man!

edited to add: for the record, no amount of reruns would force me to watch america's next top pussycat doll, or whatever it is called. I'd even watch a marathon of "king of queens' before I watch that monstrosity.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous sheepish said...

Now that's just sad. I agree, though. It seems that tv seasons are constantly stopping and starting. Just when I finally get into a show again, it goes away. Despite what network execs think, absence doesn't make my heart grow fonder; it makes me forget I once cared.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Ianqui said...

Agreed. Although no Grey's or ER tonight means I can clean my house without missing anything.

Last night I turned on the TV to find the show "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"? That just totally depressed me.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger dr four eyes said...

I am so with you here. I was hoping for some quality tv tonight while I started a knitting project but, no, I get a re-run of Men in Trees. Bleech.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home