.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

2.07.2007

Okay, this is weird

The job for which I applied, had an interview, and that I really really wanted was reposted on careerbuilder today! A couple weeks ago, they told me they "should" be contacting me for a second interview, I heard nothing - and now all of a sudden it is open again? That sucks!

I'd really like to contact them and see if I can find out if I am out of the running, and if so why. Is there a good way to do this?

3 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Seeking Solace said...

I would give them a call and say "I spoke to X a few weeks ago and I just wanted to follow up on the status of the job search and if there is any additional information X may need."

Or take the bull by the horns and say "I spoke to X and would like to know when would be a good time to meet to discuss this position

It also may be that three is more than one position...long shot, but a possibiity. Also, they may have to meet EEO standards by reposting to attract candiates.

Hang in there. The waiting game sucks, but I know you will find someone who appreciates your talent!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I do think it's worth contacting them and asking what's up. If they say they decided not to give you another interview, you can ask why and explain you'd like to know as you go through the job hunting process what employers are liking about you and what they're not.

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous sheepish said...

Holy crap, that sucks. I would definitely give them a call and see what's up.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home