.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

2.15.2007

Rice and Whinging

First, I am turning on word verification for a bit as I've had an onslaught of spam of late (to very old posts - so I think I am the only one seeing them). I hate word veri, so will turn it off in a few days.

Second, I need to whinge a bit more about money. Today the HR person was supposed to be back from vacation and was to process my paperwork. My supervisor called her and she just happened to be working on it right that moment (yeah right). Unfortunately, he is so nice he believed her and didn't ask for any details or follow-up or anything. So, since I had been told they should know more today about when I will get paid, I emailed them. Tonight I got an email that was simply the person I emailed forwarding the email to someone else. ARGH! My supervisor just said that these things take time, and to be patient. I'd say I have been - and really, all I'm asking is for a DATE on which I will be paid - I am not demanding to be paid right this minute - just for information so I can plan accordingly.

In the meantime, I wish I could say, "Sorry, no more work until I get an answer about my moolah." But, I am too nice, too vulnerable due to being a temporary, as-needed employee, and too poor. But I know if the big boss guy got involved, I'd get paid.

On to rice. I noticed today I have been really bad at commenting on blogs, except when it has to do with rice, which is totally bizarre. The conversation over at phantom's about rice makers? Totally enthralling! A discussion about rice pudding? I'm so there. I'm also obsessed with trying to figure out what new products are on the horizon at starbucks...there's a rumor that there is a red velvet frappuccino in the future. I've never actually had red velvet anything ... but it enchants me anyway (but isn't it just chocolate cake with red food coloring?). I do love frappuccinos too - but they can't make them with soy yet - so I refrain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home