.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

2.25.2007

Well, this is a good sign...

According to today's NYT, the evangelical christian leaders cannot find a single repulican candidate for president who is conservative enough for them! Yahoo!

What strikes me as odd though is that although I understand that evangelical christians might resonate with conservatives' views on gay marriage and abortion - it seems to me that democrats approach social issues like poverty and education in ways that are far more in line with what I consider to be true christian ideals - charity, helpfulness, honoring thy neighbor, etc.

4 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous sheepish said...

it seems to me that democrats approach social issues like poverty and education in ways that are far more in line with what I consider to be true christian ideals - charity, helpfulness, honoring thy neighbor, etc.

Funny that. It would seem to me that conservative Christianity is really all about sex.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Anastasia said...

it strikes me as odd, too, actually. and I don't think you'd find a shortage of *actual* christians--not so-called christian leaders--even of the conservative evangelical variety, who are caught somewhere between republican and democrat for just that reason.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Ookami Snow said...

the problem is that them dems want to force everyone to help. Where it should be your choice to help those in need.

People *should* help those in need, but I don't think the govt. making us do it is the right idea. Especially since the govt. will waste alot of money on just spinning their wheels, it is a better idea to just donate the money personally instead of having the govt. tax us and then they decide who needs the help.

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous sheepish said...

As far as I know there aren't any charitable road building companies in America, charitable courts of law, or charitable patent offices, to name a few.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home