.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

3.29.2007

2 more anti-whines

I have my students turn in sheets with info on them, and one student wrote that I reminded her of Lisa Loeb. I've never heard that before (Laura Palmer from Twin Peaks and Drew Barrymore are the ones I've heard), but it makes me super duper happy, as I love Lisa Loeb.

Bella Sultane and I went to a discussion on gender and race (esp. in relationship to the presidential campaign) tonight. It was good, and it was nice to see her again. Someone made an interesting point during it about the intersection between class and running for President and noted that one thing that Obama and Clinton have going for them is that they make people feel secure that those are already rich would likely befome more rich if either became President. But Gore and Edwards (due to their focii on environment and poverty, respectively) would make the rich poorer. This intrigues me, and I was mulling over it until I was halfway home at which point I realized, "Gore's not running!" We have a gazillion candidates that I cannot remember *are* actually running, and one guy we seem to keep forgetting isn't running (yet? the weight watching people are keeping an eye on his waistline as an indicator).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home