.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

3.28.2007

Baby's first expletive

I think my big mistake today was drinking caffeine after noon. I hadn't intended to - I went to starbucks to write my lecture for tomorrow's class (first day!), and ordered a decaf soy cinnamon dolce latte (with no whip - why are they putting whipped cream on lattes???). Unfortunately, they didn't do it decaf, and I was too lazy - or too busy second guessing whether I had really said decaf - to ask them to remake it. Big mistake as it made me more agitated than I was, and it is now partly to blame for being unable to sleep now (as is my anxiety about my first day). I was agitated as I had to try to do some on-line banking, which wasn't working and it was really really annoying me (because it made me go through like 5 steps before it told me I did it wrong, then I had to redo all 5 steps to correct one little thing only to find it was wrong again and I had to redo all five steps .... and on and on), so I called my bank and got caught in the maze of pushing numbers and not getting to anyone - which was only making me more and more agitated. Hence the need to leave the house to get some work done.

But, unfortunately, a group of people had taken over the back room for a meeting, and they were being really loud. At the end of the meeting, two guys whipped out their cell phones and were walking back and forth past me talking on their cell phones. Do people really not see others sitting there trying to read/work? Or do they just not care? Or are they hoping I'll think they are cool for talking on their cell phones?

It was just not the calm work-y environs I was hoping for. And I'm sure drinking caffeine didn't help my tolerance.

So anyway, when I got home - I really, apparently, wanted attention from the kitten. She was lying by my feet, but NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO ME or to my needs. That is simply NOT OKAY. So, I called her name, "Stiiiiiiinkerbelllllllllle!" over and over. Finally, she turned and gave me a sharp look and said, "Mrewf!" Which I think means, "WTF?"

1 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

Good luck for tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home