.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

3.27.2007

Huge pet peeve

Websites with sound that starts automatically when you open the page. I can never find the off button, and then end up having to just mute my laptop.

I absolutely hate automatic music on websites - it's super annoying - particularly because I am often doing something else while visiting the site, and don't want the sound to interfere with my other task. I wish they asked you first if you wanted the music on or off rather than defaulting to the music on.

4 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Ookami Snow said...

I close any website that plays music as soon as it opens. I guess unless it is a game, and even then if it is annoying I still close it.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Seeking Solace said...

I can't stand that either. Plus, they hide the off button.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

i *hate* that. i'm always looking around going "where the hell is that coming from??" Argh!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

That totally pisses me off. The first time I looked at a myspace page, I was like, "what the hell is that???"

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home