.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

3.13.2007

I don't think I could do this job...

On the news they were just talking about a school where a teacher taught sex ed that was "too explicit." Okay, fine, whatever, people have different ideas about what is appropriate for different ages (these were 8th graders). Perhaps the school should have clearer guidelines as to what they consider appropriate to teach rather than threatening to fire a teacher who they say went too far. I can understand that some people are upset - I don't know the whole story, and I don't have kids - so I can't really judge. But I will say that when I was in 8th grade, many kids knew a lot, and knew a lot of wrong stuff, and actual sex ed would have been helpful.

What strikes me as ridiculous is that the school is offering free counseling for any kids who were TRAUMATIZED by the teacher's teachings. I don't know that I could do that job, I'd be laughing too much.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home