.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

3.16.2007

if that's not a testimonial, I don't know what is...

The tv series Weeds (from Showtime, season 1's out on dvd) is good and distracting enough to keep one from ruminating about not having gotten one's dream job.

It's no wonderfalls, but I highly recommend it.

5 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

Does that mean you know for sure that you did not get it? :( Oh no... I used to think that not knowing was worse than knowing a negative result for sure, but after my own recent experience, I'm not so sure...

I'm glad you enjoy the show, though.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger post-doc said...

I've only seen a couple of episodes, but I too liked it.

And if this does mean you're sure about the job news, I'm sorry.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

I'm sorry too. But I'm glad you found something to distract you. And at least you took the teaching work.

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous wolfa, helping procrastinate since 78 said...

I meant to say, I am sorry about the job.

Also, Bryan Fuller, the guy who did Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me, is doing a new show, called "Pushing Daisies", set to go to ABC in 2007-2008. It seems to be sort of the opposite of Dead Like Me -- some guy can bring people back to life.

I didn't know this, but he was working on Heroes, which is my curent favourite tv show, and which I recommend watching if you aren't already.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Clio Bluestocking said...

Personally, in watching Weeds in the very same state, I found myself wondering how I might pursue a career in dealing, as it probably paid better than the job that I was trying to escape (heck, recycling cans paid better than the job I was trying to escape).

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home