.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

3.22.2007

Today's wee project

A few weeks ago, Bitsandbobbins posted about a necklace she coveted. Here's a pic:



I decided to try to make a doppelganger, on the cheap. Here's my first attempt:

It needs a little work as the "beads" don't stay straight. That's because they are the beads from ponytail holders, and the holes are in the top of them. So, I need to frotz with it a bit more. But, all in all, the whole thing cost less than $7 to make, as compared to the $75.00 one at the MOMA.

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

I actually quite like the asymmetry of the beads on the one you made. I also think a shorter necklace made the same way (kind of like a choker) would look really good.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

PS: you have a pretty neck.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home