.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

3.13.2007

Update, and trader joe's

Thanks for all the help with my bird issue. I accepted the teaching position - the class actually starts pretty soon, so I couldn't stall as they are too frantic to wait on someone. I figured worst case, I'd try to see if someone I know could teach it. But, if I lost that opportunity too and then didn't get the f/t job, I'd be really screwed.

Today after seeing my shrink, I found that there is a new Trader Joe's in town. It is far more convenient for me than other locations, so that is super cool. Unfortunately, I am still sick with this stomach bug thing (I really hope it's not contagious and that I didn't infect my shrink). So, I wandered around and looked at stuff, and got nauseated from the food smells. I bought some ginger ale though (yum).

Trader Joe's overwhelms me though. There are so many products that are unfamiliar to me - I don't know the brands or the quality or the tastes....does anyone have any favorites you could recommend (make sure they are veggie)? Once I am off my diet of saltines, gatorade, and ginger ale, I may try going back there.

4 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

It makes me so happy to think that you now have a job! Even in the worst case scenario, you have part time work and its teaching, so will help build your CV for the future, and you'll have regular money coming in! Yay!

If you do end up doing the teaching, can you keep your other current job (the one that took months to start paying you) as a part time thing as well?

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

I meant, "it's."

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Ianqui said...

Ooooh. Consulting on Trader Joe's. One of my favorite topics!

First, if they have the dried strawberries (in the dried fruit and nuts section), you MUST get them. They're heavenly. And then you must buy 5 packs and send them to me b/c our TJs doesn't carry them. Just kidding :)

Frozen food: the vegan pad thai is excellent (tho 600 calories, in case you care about that sort of thing.) I also like the spinach lasagne and the eggplant parm. The vegetable enchiladas are also a big fave (and these last three are very reasonable in calorie count).

Organic Morning Lite is the best cereal, if you like cereals, and the Honey Bunches of Oats knockoff (I forget it's name now) is good too.

Their brand of lowfat yogurt is tasty, and if you like soy creamer for coffee, the brand they carry (westwood, maybe?) is much better than the silk soy creamer.

OK, I'm sure I'll think of more, but I run the risk of this message getting eaten by blogger.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger dr four eyes said...

I'm still on the fence about TJs, but here are a few items I know I like: the ginger lemonade, frozen spanikopita, and the sesame covered cashews.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home