.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

4.26.2007

Anxiety

1. We finished the op-ed piece (the one my undergrad advisor and I were doing). Actually, I wrote it and she edited like 3 sentences. I was terrified of her editing it (knew it I would interpret it as criticism), but I forgot that she really likes my writing, and that she would likely not change much. Although, I wish she'd changed more. But she did send it off to a writer friend of hers, so maybe that will make me feel better about it (it's missing *something,*but not sure what). I don't know where we are sending it .. but I'm anxious about that - and the writer's comments too.

2. I sent my undergrad advisor an op ed piece I'd been frotzing with for months to get her opinion. She said it gave her "chills." She's so nice. So I sent it off tonight. Yikes! I doubt it'll get published, but it feels good to have done that.

3. Tomorrow I am going to an all-day workshop for shrinks. I am very anxious because it requires me to take public transport out to the suburbs - and I've never been to this area, and I've not taken the busses in the suburbs. I have to be there by 9am, and so I am really anxious about getting there. I'm also anxious about what to wear. I am further anxious about spending all day with shrinks. I am finally anxious that at this workshop there will be some expectation that people will talk and disclose. Yuck. Finally, it is possible that an old supervisor will be there, and that makes me super duper anxious.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home