.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

4.13.2007

At least they didn't say, "You're hairstory."

The first episode of "Shear Genius" is free on itunes. Get it. It is total campy, drama, fun. It is basically top chef or project runway for hair dressers, and the contestants are characters. I would also like to point out (in case you have either followed my rants about Carisa on Top Design, or watched Top Design yourselves) that the totally awesome loft in which they are all living in this show looks like it was designed by Carisa. It is bold, inventive, and fun.

This show will keep me okay until project runway returns*, and I can once again be soothed by Papa Tim.


* that's actually a total lie because project runway won't be back on until fall.

2 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I used to work in the hair industry, so it should be fun to see what they make these people do.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

I watched six Top Design episodes this weekend!!! I downloaded Shear Genius!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home