.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

4.13.2007

Dear Mom,

I have asked you to please not tell me extremely bad news via email. In particular, I have asked you not to tell me that relatives or people I know have died, are dying, may die. This occurred after I found out that my father had died via email (oh yeah, that was fun).

So, why did you email me today to tell me that my uncle had had a major stroke, and was taken off of life support, and is likely dead by now? Huh?

So not cool, Mom. So not cool.

Oh, and to answer your question from christmas - this is largely why I have not given you the email address I check most frequently.

shrinky

5 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Clio Bluestocking said...

Damn! That's cold of her!

I'm sorry that this happened to you (both the e-mail part and your uncle).

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Psychobunny said...

Wow. Someone doesn't like the phone, huh?

I'm sorry about your uncle, too.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

That's awful. I'm sorry about your uncle.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I missed this post for some reason, which is why I didn't comment until now.

That is awful news, and an awful way to convey it. Your Mum should know better.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

I'm so sorry about all of this. :(

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home