.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

4.18.2007

Help me plagiarize

My new obsession is polyurethane (resin) and making jewelry out of it. I saw found these on line the other day, and now I want to copy them. Of course, mine will be a sad sad copy, and I won't sell them ... so I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas as to where to get those teeny tiny little figurines. Despite living in a huge city, we seem to have no train/hobby/model shops in the city - and I can't find any on-line versions of those types of shops (though I've not searched widely). What other types of places would have teeny tiny little animal or human figure things (or even objects might be cool - like a teeny tiny chair or car or something)?


5 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

so cute! I do like your resin jewelry. :)

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

very cute! How about some Orc Boar Riders?

Ooh! These are adorable!
Party guests!
Drums of toxic chemicals!
Girls and monkeys!
That last is my favourite, but there are lots of other cool funfair/circus ones, too.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger shrinkykitten said...

b* the jewelry is pretty amateurish, but it's fun and stinky.

lucy: Oh my god, teh girls and monkeys are so awesome. You totally rock.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

Those are pretty cool. You could also try craft shops or toy shops for dollshouse supplies...

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Clio Bluestocking said...

I would suggest those gumball machines that have little toys rather than gumballs.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home