.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

4.01.2007

My current desktop


This is one of my favorite pictures of the ones I have shuffle through as desktop images. Anyoen else willing to post a picture of your screen? I'm curious as to others' organizations and icons. I heart icons (as you can probably tell).

Edited to add:
So many people are doing this, which is super. I love seeing inside people's computers. We need more macs to do it though (just use the "grab" utility). And for pc users, I think you use the printscreen button, and then paste into a document. Also, in case you are interested, most of my icons (besides the ones I made myself) came from:
http://www.pixelgirlpresents.com/icons.php
http://interfacelift.com/icons-mac/
The first one has both mac and pc icons.

And a lot of my desktops come from national geographic.

Here are some more screen captures (there are 284 pictures in my picture file through which it shuffles). Do you know where these are?



Below: where my dad's family is from (I think):

Below: the hills near my house where I grew up:

Below: Near hippycollegetown:

Below: Would not mind livng here (in theory):


Below: my undergrad department building in hippycollegetown:


Below: luckybuzz should get this one.



Below: also hippycollegetown college:
Below: Hippycollegetown itself (apparently I am nostalgic):

14 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Psychobunny said...

Hi!
I've been lurking for a while, but I couldn't resist this one. Your desktop is so cute! I just use the icons that come with the programs. Anyway, I posted mine here.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Too cute. Plus, that polar bear expresses how I feel sometimes!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Cute. :) I don't have my desktop set up properly on the new laptop yet, but I'll post a pic once I do.

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

I love your icons. I'm going to post mine now, but I'm warning you, it's not half as cool.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Miss M. said...

Hi, came here via StyleyGeek's blog - this is cute and awesome! And irresistable post material.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger The History Enthusiast said...

Cute pic! So, I have a truly stupid question: how do you take a screenshot of your desktop (I use a PC)? Somebody please email me (kristenkim03@gmail.com) because I want to do this on my blog!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger shrinkykitten said...

The more who do it, the better!

I'm not a pc user, but google returned these:

http://www.seoconsultants.com/windows/print-screen/

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

I just did mine!

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous luckybuzz said...

Love the polar bears. :) I can't resist a request...mine's up!

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous deviousdiva said...

My MAC desktop is up at http://deviousdiva.com/2007/04/03/desktop-meme/

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger The History Enthusiast said...

Thanks for the directions! I never even noticed that I had a "PrtSc" button. Mine is up now too....

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger kfluff said...

I couldn't help but do it too. Thanks for the reminder about the "grab" function for Mac peeps!

 
At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Just Josh said...

Great desktop backgrounds, Shrinky!

BTW, if you don't want to bother with the "Grab" utility on the Mac, you can capture the current screen using the Cmd-Shift-3 key combo. Much faster!

See the chart on this page for more screen capture options using keyboard commands.

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all


Get a better improved ebay FREE at http://www.BuySellDirect.net.


http://www.BuySellDirect.net is the free ebay you need to sell your products FREE.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home