.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

4.22.2007

What I did tonight...

I have been wanting to paint the inside of my bookshelves for some time, and decided to start with the shelves in my kitchen (there's only one shelving unit in there, as compared to the 6 or so bookshelves! So much easier to try it out). Every time I walk into the kitchen, I am amazed at how much better it looks. Unfortunately, my cell phone doesn't take great pictures, and you can't see the colors. They alternate a sky blue and a pale turquoise. I should paint that ugly bucket on top! The bottle is from a beer a director (of a play I was in) made specifically for our play for closing night. The beer was made with peaches and strawberries. Yum.




edited to add: I forgot that the beer label says, "A beer with respect for women's issue." The play was written by a friend of mine and was about a girl (me!) whose father died in Viet Nam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home