.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

5.20.2007

Crap

My glasses just snapped in half. I'm trying to superglue them back together, but they don't seem to be holding. And unless they are held together perfectly, they won't work anyway (due to astigmatisms). I can't see much without them. I have a prescription for lenses, and tried to get it filled yesterday at a cheap eyeglass place - but they refused to because it is 1 year and 1 month old (they said it thus expired). The place that made the prescription is closed on weekends.

I'm going to try to go back to that place (getting there withouth glasses is going to be tricky!) and see if they can do an eye exam today (I can't remember their name - otherwise I'd call). Keep your fingers crossed that they can, and that I don't get into a horrible accident on account of being blind in the meanwhile.

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

oh no!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home