.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

5.29.2007

I am going to scream

I'm not sure why, but I feel like I am about to lose it. I don't teach today - so maybe part of it is anticipating going in tomorrow. Part of it is worrying about finances - given that I have one paycheck left for this job, and my interview for the possible job isn't until next week. So it will be a while before I know if I get that job. I don't want to teach again - and can't really even do so because it would cause me to be unable to accept that job if it is offered.

I really need to print my excel grade files - but my printer won't work, and I can't get through to Epson. The printer in my office at school is out of toner - and I don't feel like figuring out if the department pays for toner or not. In order to calculate grades, I need to print. I cannot print. I also need to print out my references for my interview next week. Yes, I know I can go places and pay to print - but I am so frustrated that my own printer isn't working. I am so frustrated that everything I own seems to be falling apart at a time when I cannot afford to repair or replace them.

And I don't think all of the above is why I think I am going to lose it. I'm just sick of everything - myself included.

Please no advice - I just need empathy.

6 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous twirly said...

empathy granted - hope you get what you need

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Clio Bluestocking said...

I hear you.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Big Hugs!!!!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Sending bucket loads of empathy and hugs across the Atlantic...

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Sorry you are having a frustrating day...

hang in there...

Perhaps you can use a school computer lab to print?

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger BrightStar said...

That feeling -- that everything that can go wrong is going wrong -- can be so overwhelming and scary. I get that more often than I like. I hope yours goes away soon.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home