.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

5.12.2007

I hope this works in my favor...

As you may or may not recall, a couple months ago (or maybe a month ago?) I was rejected for a job I had really wanted. I was the top choice, but the director pulled the hiring out of the hands of the manager and supervisors, and hired someone non-clinical. From what I understand, this was a sad thing for the manager and supervisors as they liked me a lot (and I liked them a lot!!!).

So, I applied for a new job 2 weeks ago. I was contacted by them and asked if I would still be interested in the job if it changed (slight change of focus for the position, and slightly less time on the job), I was so I was asked to re-apply, which I did.

Today I got an email from one of the people with whom I interviewed for the job from which I was rejected - she is now at the place where I just applied and wants to talk to me on the phone about it.

Oh, I really hope that is a good sign. She offered some times tomorrow, monday, and tuesday to talk - so I'm going to try to see if we can talk tomorrow.

Small world, eh? I think that this shows it is good I didn't get hired at the other place, as now two of the people I wanted to work with are gone.



Edited to add: damn, it was just a phone screen. Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy that I am being screened at least, but I wish I'd known that in advance so my hopes weren't up so high - and also so that I could have prepared. She started the phone call asking what questions I had - and I'd not prepared anything because I didn't know it was a phone interview! And then it was weird because she wanted me to ask questions, but because she hasn't officially started, she couldn't answer them - so I felt like an idiot for asking questions she couldn't answer, and I imagine she felt badly that she couldn't answer them. What a weird interview.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

OOoooOOoooOO!! This could be good! I am excited!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger shrinkykitten said...

I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic. My mind is driving me nuts with all the possible reasons for her wanting to talk - most of them really bad. But intellectually, it is hard to imagine that this could be something bad. But again, I'm trying to not get too hopeful, just in case.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Keeping my fingers crossed!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home