.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

5.11.2007

I'm an old old lady

These past few weeks, I have been walking around my house completely hunched over, like a little old lady. I will catch myself, and stand up straight, but eventually will hunch back down.

I think tonight I finally figured out why. It's those damned ballet flats. I had to get some new ones, and since I'm poor, I got some at payless when they were having their "buy one get one" sale. They are super cute flats - patent leather (well, plastic) with a little bow - very versatile and make any outfit that much cuter. The problem is that they are completely flat on the bottom with absolutely no slight heel even, and no cushion whatsoever. They are killing my feet - and my back.

I have a pair of ballet flats I got from there last year that I far prefer, but they are no longer wearable for two reasons: 1) despite how much febreze I spray in and the number of new non-stinky insoles I put in, they stink to high heaven (this is the problem with non leather shoes - they don't breathe); and 2) the part where you heel is keeps folding down when I walk, making it impossible to walk. But they are the best ballet flats every because they have a slight wedge heel (which is supposed to be far better for your feet - and by slight, I mean like 1/4 of an inch), and the sole is a thicker rubber sole.

When I bought the super cute but super flat ballet flats, I got as my 1/2 off shoe the most comfy shoes ever - but I can't wear them to teach, and have to be careful to not be too cursi when I wear them. Why am I so concerned when they are so comfy? Look below (and yes, those are adult shoes!):




I strongly recommend everyone get a pair. They will make you happy.

So, I am an old old lady who is rocking the style of 3-year-olds (because I like to wear these with cuffed straight jeans and a dress).

3 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

I love those shoes! I saw some the same brand, but a different (still cute) pattern that I really wanted, but I didn't think they looked that comfortable so I didn't. I will totally have to get them now, if only I can remember where I saw them...

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Ianqui said...

Actually, I think this would be "hortera", unless you also have an airwalk shirt with the same pattern that you wear with the shoes!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Lina said...

Ballet flats do the same to me too.
Those shoes are smashing! Spot on.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home