.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

5.09.2007

More on the war

The kitten war, that is.

Last night my upstairs neighbor knocked on my front door. It was 10pm, so I was not dressed for people (I had my housedress on, my hair was wet from the shower, my bangs were all curled up - not a good sight), so I was not super thrilled. He told me my landlord wanted me to call him and had called my upstairs neighbor because he lost my number. Ummm...okay.

I called my landlord this afternoon to find that my upstairs neighbor had COMPLAINED about my feeding the cats on MY back porch. WTF dude! Why not talk to me directly!? And how passive aggressive to deliver the message that my landlord wanted to talk to me, but not tell me that it was because you complained? I find this to be really rude behavior.

The only time I ever complained to my landlord about neighbors was when my upstairs neighbor was being beaten by her boyfriend. Otherwise, I consider it better for tenants to talk to each other directly - especially in a small building in which we all know each others' names - and particularly when the neighbors actually have talked and both are nice, amenable people.

7 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

NO WAY!

He came down to tell you that the landlord wanted to talk with you... about what he wanted the landlord to tell you?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Ugh. He has issues.

And what's wrong with feeding the cats? I don't get what his problem is...

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Bella Sultane said...

That's *super* annoying. I can't believe that he wouldn't just tell you since he was there anyway. Immature.

I don't get what the problem is with feeding the cats either... What's his deal?

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Twirly said...

let's continue the passive aggressive game - complain to the landlord about his clomping around!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Ianqui said...

I can understand talking to the landlord if he's non-confrontational (I'd seriously consider it myself), but coming down to tell you the landlord wants to talk to you about something HE complained about...well, that's just absurd. I'd be so embarrassed to have to face you after having done that--and in that case it would have been better just to say something to you myself. What a tool.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger psychgrad said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger psychgrad said...

Sorry..that deleted comment was me..

My comment:
What a tool. It reminds me of being about 8-9 telling my brother that "mom wants to talk to you"...because I had just told on him.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger dr four eyes said...

Well, I guess this resolves the question about whether or not he knows he's feuding with you.

And also: he is a total tool.

What I want to know is did you tell the landlord to tell him that tai chi is supposed to be quiet? And that he and his girlfriend should take off their shoes when they come home late at night? I know you didn't, but it seems like you need to fight absurdity with absurity.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home