.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

5.28.2007

movies you can't let go

I saw the film "The dead girl" last night, and I keep thinking about it. Interestingly, my favorite parts were the parts panned by critics (I thought "the sister" was really psychologically interesting - and Piper Laurie's role reminded me of my mother). Have any of you seen it? It is disturbing - perhaps particularly the part with Toni Collette (it is a film of interconnected short stories - and hers is the first one) and the one with "The wife." I'm still not even completely sure what happened in that one. I found the end a little unsatisfying - but maybe that is okay (I wasn't looking for resolution - just wanted to learn more).

On another note - I was looking for more films with Toni Collette (I've seen a lot of her films - just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything - and wanted to see what she has upcoming) and saw that she will be in the film version of Towelhead - which I read about a year ago and wrote about here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home