.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

5.20.2007

newsflash!

This just in: Trees have leaves! I kid you not - they are not just huge green things - they have actual branches and leaves!

It seems an almost universal that when you get glasses for the first time or a new prescription, you all of a sudden discover this trees-have-leaves phenomenon.

Although I'm not happy I had to get glasses now, it is good having them. I hadn't realized how dingy my glasses were - and how scratched up and cracked the lenses were. I also knew my prescription was old, but had no idea how much better my vision would be with the newer one.

I found a place today that could make glasses in an hour for me, and that would take my 13-month old prescription (I got it when I had vision insurance, but the insurance didn't cover new lenses - so I was waiting on that). Apparently eyeglass prescriptions are good for 2 years - not one year like the place I went to yesterday tried to tell me. I am now thinking they were trying to rip me off by making me see their optician. They also wanted me to spend $40 more to get thinner lenses (they told me my lenses would be like 1 inch thick or so with the normal lenses).

The place I went to today was more expensive - and they didn't have a 2 for one special - but I basically got free lenses and $50 off the frames (I told him what I could spend, and he made it work). My glasses were done in 30 minutes - and I love them! They are grey cat eye, with a cute little ruffle at the top (tried to find a pic on-line, but couldn't).

And, now I can see again.

4 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

I'm glad you can see again!

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous twirly said...

that's great that it worked out....the new glasses sound Adorable....

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

this cracked me up because I distinctly remember driving home with my family from getting my sister's first pair of glasses and her blurting out: "The pine trees have, like, INDIVIDUAL NEEDLES ON THEM!" :)

glad you can see again!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

yay all around! good news!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home