.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

5.15.2007

No! Don't do this to me!

Or
This is a crappy crappy time to be without my cell phone!

So, I had that weird phone interview on sunday. Weird because I didn't know it was an interview! Also weird because she started it by asking me what questions I had about the job (which I wasn't prepared to do since I didn't know it was an interview!), however since she was just hired and hadn't started yet, she couldn't answer any of my questions.

I got a pretty good feeling about her though. She was the quietest one at my interviews for the position at the other agency - and so I had no sense of her whatsoever. But on the phone she was really nice and chatty. She seemed like she'd be a good colleague.

Today I went to the grocery store to get sick shrinky supplies: soup, pain reliever, pseudophedrine, cough drops, tea, and popsicles. I was gone for 1.5 hours only. In that time, someone from the place where I applied called me but DID NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE!!! Argh.

I hope they call again before the end of the workday today. I also hope they didn't leave a voicemail on my cell phone because without it, I have no idea how to retrieve my messages.

I will be so anxious tomorrow when I am teaching as I have no way of checking my messages from school (the phone in our office can't dial off campus - and you just can't find pay phones anymore!).

Please, please call me back today! I just sent a thank you email to the person who interviewed me - so maybe she will write back and tell me who called and why.


And by the way, gasoline is almost $4.00 a gallon here.

edited to add: So, I emailed the director and said that I just wanted to check in as my caller id showed that someone from there called, but there was no message and that sometimes my voicemail can be wonky - and that because I really really wanted to work there, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. As it turns out, she had called to set up a second (first?) interview. Yahoo! But, it's not for 3 weeks! Argh!

2 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

Congratulations on the interview!

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

How weird that they're waiting that long to conduct the interview! THEY SHOULD HIRE YOU NOW!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home