.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

5.08.2007

Oh, it's on!

But first, a comic. Bella Sultane had asked recently about student incentives ... and I think this is one that might actually work:



Back to the topic of this post. This morning, I was awoken at the ungodly hour of 7am (ungodly because I don't teach today and so I wanted to sleep) to the sounds of my upstairs neighbor doing tai chi in the backyard. This made me super grouchy because I was awoken at the even more ungodly hour of 3am by cats fighting - and it made me so upset and anxious, I couldn't get back to sleep (neither could stinkerbelle). So at 7am, when my neighbor (against whom I ahve waged a one woman war) woke me up with his freakishly noisy tai chi (shouldn't it be a quiet art form?)? I was particularly annoyed. I got up because apparently tai chi sounds are a cue to stinkerbelle to start demanding kisses by whacking me in the face and by collapsing onto my face. I then went onto the back porch to check to see if the stray kitties needed food and lo and behold, my neighbor took it upon himself again to move the food dish.

I think I may have discovered why he is doing this, but it annoys me still. When he does tai chi, he lets his cat out into the back stairwell, and she then comes to my porch and eats the food. Okay, fine, move the food then WHEN YOUR CAT IS THERE. But then, you should move the damned dish back because it is not your porch. I'm happy to not feed your cat, and actually prefer not to - but then you need to move the dish back so that the stray cats can eat.

I guess I'll have to talk to him (luckily, Ianqui, were I to leave a note, the only website it would show up on would be the one with written documents are that completely illegible!), because it is creating some antipathy in me that is not helpful (even more antipathy than his toilet leaking into my apartment, actually).

1 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Bella Sultane said...

Hah - that comic is *hilarious!* If you think of a way to translate that into a teaching exercise, let me know! ;-)

That's so weird about the tai chi... I always thought that it was supposed to be silent... Does he play music while he's doing it or something?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home