.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

5.11.2007

Something I learned today

If you are faculty at a university, and want to write an op-ed piece, some media/publication departments may actually take and edit your piece for you, decide who might take it, and submit it for you!

I learned this when my old (good) undergrad advisor and I wrote a piece together. I don't think it will end up in a newspaper - but it got accepted in a publication of a group through APA, and should be out soon! Yay!

So, I called the university where I am teaching today to see if they offer that. I left a message, but I am so excited by this. I have been dreaming about getting an op-ed piece published for a couple years now ... and it would be so awesome to see that happen right now.

I sent the piece I want to publish to my old advisor, and she said it gave her goosebumps, that she wants to read my writing all the time, and wants me to be the next Bob Herbert. Personally, I want to be the next Nick Kristoff - but I'll take whatever I can get.

2 Comments:

At 1:06 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

Congratulations on getting the op-ed piece published. Good luck with your own!

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger BrightStar said...

I'm really glad to hear that this is coming to fruition!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home