.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

5.15.2007

Web order gone wrong

Back in march I placed an order for some ring blanks (the base for rings) for my new craft project. From what I could find, there is only one place that sells the kind I wanted (substantial enough to last), and that place is in the UK. They seemed to have a good reputation, and I wasn't spending much money (less than $20 incl. shipping), so it seemed like little risk.

Well, I haven't gotten my products, and I'm not sure what to do. The shop is claiming my order must have gotten lost, and I am worried I've been mislead. They kept telling me that my order could only be tracked after it arrived, which seemed odd to me (they sent it via royal mail, and my order never showed up in their tracking). Now they are telling me that they have to file a claim and that once it is found that it has been lost, and after the shop has been refunded, I can be refunded. This seems weird to me, but then again, I've never dealt with anything like this - and particularly know nothing about how British companies and mail work.

I honestly just want my products - not a refund - and I kind of feel like they should send a replacement (via fully tracked mail). But I'm not sure what to ask of them. I'm frustrated because they aren't keeping in good communication with me.

For those of you who have dealt with these types of issues, can you advise me about how to proceed?

2 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Fifi Bluestocking said...

It's worth asking them for what you think you deserve (and I would say replacement products would be reasonable). I recently had a one-woman war (one of many!) with an ebay seller. I almost gave up as they refused to reply to my emails but I persevered and eventually got what I wanted. I learned that there is a huge difference between what a reasonable seller will do if something goes wrong and what sellers are actually required to do. So remain calm and collected but stick to your guns and I'll keep my fingers crossed!

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Etsy has ring blanks for pretty cheap prices.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home