.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

6.10.2007

Do my migraines give me magic powers?

You be the judge.

My beloved magical migraine cure is not working. I think it may be because the flavor is wrong. I got a box of theraflu yesterday - but didn't realize it comes in different flavors, and ended up with apple cinnamon. Yuck! I don't dislike apples or apple cider (though I hate apple flavor), but this stuff is bad. I think part of why it works is that the lemon flavor helps penetrate the sinuses (or that's my imagining). So, I still have a migraine.

I tried to take a little nap to get rid of it, and while I was doing so, I had a psychic flash. Now, a year or so ago, I first had evidence that perhaps my migraines might might give me magical clothing design powers. I had a migraine, and was lying in bed trying to nap it off, when I had these images of skirt designs. Lovely lovely skirt designs. I only remember one today, and boy howdy if I had the ability to render it on paper or in fabric, you'd be amazed at its beauty.

But now I think my powers are much deeper than that - they give me psychic powers. As I was trying to nap, I had a flash to a future event. I imagined getting an email in my yahoo mail account that had no sender, but the title of the email was "voicemail alert." When the damned bird made it such that I couldn't rest (see post below) I got up to try eating some protein and checked my yahoo mail account. I had one, and only one email, and it was "variety alert." Okay - it's not voicemail alert - but it is a v--- alert! That's pretty damned close! Isn't that proof I have magic powers to predict email messages and design skirts?

I know you are all in awe of my awesomness, n'est-ce pas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home