.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

6.11.2007

Does Paris need a roomie?

Apparently I have done something that could land me in jail for 3 years.

Some woman in Iowa may get sent to jail for stealing a roll of toilet paper from a public bathroom. I'm not proud to admit that I have done that when I have been super poor, but I did*.

But wow, 3 years? That seems insane.

Almost as insane as Paris claiming that her life has completely turned around resultant from her experience in jail. Right.



* although it does not make me anywhere close to as ashamed as I feel when I think of having stolen a blue stuffed bunny from an amusement park when I was in the 6th grade. But I think that was because I was so traumatized from horseback riding camp, I needed something to help soothe me - and I thought that bunny would help. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

4 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

I've stolen toilet paper from public toilets in my poorer days too. Maybe we can go to jail together :)

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Clio Bluestocking said...

Has anyone NOT stolen toilet paper?

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Anastasia said...

i mean seriously, has she even been in jail for a week? and what's with the hysterics? It's not like she's facing 10 or 20 years here. We're talking 45 days of which she'll probably serve no more than 20.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Three years??? That must be some expensive toilet paper! Usually a theft like that is only a misdemeaner which has a maximum punishment of a year!!!!

I've been to jail before to visit clients. If i had to stay there, I would be crying for my mom, too!!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home